La Cuisine PRO 6.5 Qt Enameled Cast Iron Round Covered Dutch Oven, Blue
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Scratch-resistant, stain-resistant, non-toxic, matte black interior surface
- Cast iron construction with fine enamel exterior finish for oven or stovetop (including induction)
- Tiered lid design facilitates internal basting for deliciously moist food
- Sure-grip, wide-angle wedge handles for comfort and stability
- Large radius corner and excellent food release for easy serving
|Product Dimensions||:||11.2 x 15 x 7.3 inches|
|Item Weight||:||14.1 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||:||17.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)|
|Item model number||:||LC 5270MB|
|Customer Reviews||:||5.0 out of 5 stars Based on 3 customer reviews|
|Best Sellers Rank||:||#721,132 in Kitchen & Dining (See Top 100 in Kitchen & Dining) #1,312 in Kitchen & Dining > Bakeware > Bakers & Casseroles > Casseroles #35,921 in Kitchen & Dining > Cookware|
|Date first available at Amazon.com||:||November 26, 2014|
From the manufacturer
Use & Care
- Enameled cast iron must be heated slowly.
- To avoid burns, always use oven mitts or oven gloves.
- Never put the hot cookware on an unprotected surface (try La Cuisine’s coordinating enamel trivets).
- Do not place a hot pan in cold water; always allow to completely cool before washing.
- After washing, always dry the pan thoroughly before storing.
La Cuisine's Cast-Iron Pro Range
Round 6.5-quart Casserole
Designed with commercial kitchens in mind, the Pro range features all of the benefits of La Cuisine’s standard range but is even better for high-surface cooking and searing thanks to its more durable interior. The non-toxic, matte black enamel interior surface is scratch-resistant, stain-resistant and gives excellent food release that improves through continued use. It even holds up against metal utensils. Enameled cast iron is a compound of carbon-enriched iron with an enamel coating consisting mainly of glass.
- Wonderfully versatile for oven or stovetop including induction.
- Textured Protech Plus enameled interior promotes browning and searing.
- Excellent food release properties that improve over time and with continued use.
- Like all true cast iron cookware, the Pro Range is not considered non-stick.
- Lifetime guarantee.
Durable, Easy-to-Maintain Interior
The Pro range's black matte enamel is stain-resistant, scratch-resistant and suited to metal utensils. It is wonderfully versatile cookware that is ideal for low-temperature cooking but also excels in searing, browning, and caramelizing. When finished cooking, allow to cool completely and simply wash in warm water.
Each piece is cast in a sand mold specifically produced for the particular product. The molds are destroyed after the casting to ensure each individual product retains slight differences that highlight the beauty and unique character of each casserole.
Built to Last a Lifetime
Cast iron is a timeless leader in cooking because of its ability to retain heat and transfer it slowly, distributing it absolutely evenly. The incredibly tough black matte enamel coating is designed to last a lifetime with excellent food release improves over time with continued use.
The tiered-lid design facilitates internal basting for deliciously moist food, while the thicker base creates more even heat distribution. The products are oven safe and can be used on all stovetops, including induction.
Textured Protech Plus Enameled Interior
The properties of this high-quality enamel finish improve the product’s resistance to thermal shocks and scratches and are ideally suited to searing, braising and caramelizing. Enameled cast iron is also perfect for keeping things cold. Just place your dishes in the refrigerator before serving.
Also Try La Cuisine's 3.7-Quart Round Casserole
Shown in Black (LC 5140MB)
Also available in Red (LC 5100MB); Ruby (LC 5105MB); Green (LC 5150MB); Blue (LC 5170MB); White (LC 5180MB); Cream (LC 5185MB)
3.7-Qt. Round Casserole
5-Qt. Round Casserole
6.75-Qt. Oval Casserole
7-In. Round Trivet